Polyiso also known as polyisocyanurate Insulation or PIR Insulation is getting a lot of attention today. It is one of the most widely used building material in the world. Polyiso Insulation is a rigid foam insulation accounts for more than 75 percent of insulation used in commercial and residential building construction in North America. Polyisocyanurate insulation is a closed-cell, rigid foam board insulation that is bonded to facers on both sides of the board. Closed-cell foam states that the cells in the polyiso insulation materials are enclosed and are not connecting with other cells or are also not combined with air. Polyiso is composed of various inorganic and organic materials. To be Specific Polyiso has four major components like polyol, fire retardant, blowing agent and MDI (methylene diphenyl diisocyanate).
Polyiso foam cell structure
Polyiso is used in multiple places like roof, wall, floor, ceiling and specialty application with residential and commercial buildings. Polyiso is virtually equal to gypsum in all features like moisture resistance, fire resistance, and other uplift properties. But on the other hand, polyiso has the highest per inch of R-value among other insulation materials.
Benefits of Polyiso
- Polyiso insulation provides a high R-value per inch when compared to other insulation products used in residential and commercial buildings.
- Polyiso offers and exclusive third-party certification of thermal insulation.
- Easy to transport and install.
- It is easy to lift and cut.
- Economical cost per R-value of Polyiso insulation is more than any other insulation.
- Excellent performance in fireproof test.
- Polyiso has low density and is designed for use in accordance with the code compliant application.
- Polyiso insulation is stable over a high range of temperature range which is -100°F to +250°F.
- It offers a high strength, low water absorption, and less vapor transmission and is compatible with almost all construction adhesives.
Top brands and products of Polyiso insulation
- XCI (Exterior Continuous insulation)
- Hunter XCI Foil Panels
- Hunter XCI Class A Panels
- Hunter XCI Ply Panels
- Hunter XCI CG Panels
- Rmax Thermasheath
- R-max Thermasheath-XP
- Thermax insulation
Thermax insulation consists of glass fiber infused polyiso foam board core and is a non-structural, rigid board insulation. Thermax insulation board have reflective aluminum facers on both sides. The glass fiber infusion in polyiso foam board core increases the fire resistance and stability of the material. For maximum fire performance, it is advised to use Thermax sheathing in strict accordance instructions. Go here for more info: https://www.insulation4us.com/
Follow Us On Social Media