You build your house once in a lifetime and as a family member you will always like to make it the best at that one time. One wrong decision can ruin the dreams you have for your dream house. Therefore it is very important for all of us to understand the need for better home insulation as insulation once done cannot be changed over again and again without bringing damage to the rest of the architecture. Here are few tips you must keep in mind while insulating your building:
1. Choose what the best is for you: Be very careful while deciding the brand of insulation material you choose for your building. Every second brand today has started making insulation materials, but not all are trusted and dependable. Companies such as Johns Manville, Owens Corning, Thermafiber, Roxul and Certain Teed are among a few companies which will give you high performance material which will last for a life time.
2. One for all is not applicable:
wall insulation to insulate your roof! There are insulation types such as Fiberglass, Spray Foam, Batt and many more which have different specifications and r-values.You can use Radiant Barrier for the roofs and outside walls. They give good performance in both hot and cold weather.
3. Know the tit bits: You must know every little place in your building to have a complete insulation envelope. There are crawlspaces and many other small openings which can effect the insulation of your building. There are special types of insulation materials such as crawlspace insulation and others for the same purpose. You must look into the blueprint of the building to get a better idea or you can contact professionals to help you with the same. You will not build your home over and over again and so you must make sure to do everything in an absolute manner from the get go.
4. Size matters: When it comes to insulation sheets, there are a number of sizes available as per your requirement. To reach tight areas, spray foam will be useful as it can expand up to 100 times of its original thickness which will be useful in such areas. Likewise some areas will require more insulation sheets to complete the process successfully. This is normal and you generally can expect this in your attic to achieve the correct r-value required.
5. Cavities will be a threat: Cavities in your walls, floors or roofs will be a major reason why you will not be able to achieve a perfectly insulated house. Be sure to remove this risk from your building as soon as possible. The cavities will also be a disadvantage to the life of your insulation materials. You will feel the heat getting inside the room in summer and flowing outside the room in winter. To avoid this situation you must take measures well in advance so as to avoid trouble later and of course the loss of your hard earned dollars.
6. Loft insulation: While insulating, people usually forget the loft area which is a natural source of heat evacuation. The material used for loft insulation is usually made up of mineral wool and requires thickness of about 10-18". Thickness less than 10" will hinder the total home insulation. People often take the loft for granted and insulate it in the same way as they insulate the rest of the house and this mostly causes the problems in the long run.
7. Consultancy will help to bring out the best: Do not jerk away if at any point of time you feel the need to ask someone to help you decide what the best is for you. There are many experts available in Insulation4US that can educate you about all the pros and cons and help you make the best decision. You can go through other user’s experiences and get an idea or you can talk to them to see if they are satisfied with what they used. You can contact us any time and we will be ready to help you.
8. Costly is not always better: Human psychology says if the product is costlier it is bound to perform better. While this proves to be true in some cases, it may not be applicable for the rest. Today hundreds of companies are selling insulation services at a very high rate without listing out the specifications to the buyers. As a result we are fooled by them! Use your mind instead of your pocket while deciding. Do your research and make sure you are getting a bang for your buck and do not except cheaper imported insulation materials.
9. Accessories are the building blocks: Your insulation sheets cannot fix on their own. They require support of high performance accessories such as strong staples. Also while installation you need to make sure you are safe. Do not forget to wear safety equipment to lower the risk of getting hurt. Some places will require extra strong staples and pins to remain intact. It should be noted earlier and arrangements should be made accordingly. Good ventilation is always important along with a respirator or dust mask if required. If you are insulating your attic make sure to close the attic hatch while up there. You would not believe how many people each year forget the attic hatch is open and fall down while insulating their attic.
10. Installation: You need to the master yourself if you do not have experience in this field. You can approach us at any point of time if you need support for the installation. Go through the ‘how to install’ guide for the best installation methods. Floor insulation, roof insulation, wall insulation and all other insulation have different installation methods which you need to know if you are doing it by yourself.
If you follow these tips, you will not face any major problems in your home insulation. All you will have to do is take the best decision and go ahead with the insulation with smart decisions.You can get the materials of your choice, information and fixing services at the site www.insulation4us.com. You can pick and choose the required service and if your delivery costs more than $600, you will get a free delivery nationwide. Our staff are experienced and will never misguide you in any situation. You can reach us at any time and we will be happy to serve you!